20 March 2010

Natasha-Jamie Boyd





Hi, I'm Tasha. Im 20 years old, and Im a full time carer at the moment. I have been caring for my mum for 9 years. I have been coming to young carers since i was 15. Being a young carer can be really difficult but you learn to live with it. Young carers really helps you to live with your situation and its great to be around other people in similar situations who have the same kinds of challenges. I find going a real release.

I love music and reading. I've really enjoyed the revolution so far, it's a great experience. Even though I had tea in my face today!! We have been working with Jim Poyner on a professional photo-shoot for a poster campaign. I played a mum who had collapsed while her son was at school and also a parent who had collapsed and was being tended to by her son. These ideas are trying to get across how much a parent can depend on a young carer to be there and the overwhelming responsibility that puts on a young person.

Today has been really good, i can see how the images could be developed into posters and I am looking forward to taking them forward into that stage.


No comments:

Post a Comment