20 March 2010

Emma


Hi my name is Emma I'm 17 and I have been a young carer since I was 12. At the moment I am studying for my A-levels. My interests are trampolining and 'manga' drawing. It's sometimes difficult being a young carer as sometimes people don't understand the situation. Being the primary carer at home is quite stressful and sometimes I have limited time with my friends so the young carer group gives me somewhere to relax and be myself.

Today I have come down to the young carers revolution project for the first time and we were doing a photo shoot for a poster campaign about young carers. Everyone was welcoming and explained what the ideas and scenes that were to be set up were about. I enjoyed helping out and demonstrating my ideas through different poses for the clown shot and got a few scary pictures! I also posed as an angel and manged to hold the wings on myself although it was a compromising position (hopefully not a photo for facebook)!

i think that the photo shoot campaign is a good idea as it raises awareness of the hidden side to caring in an original way thought out by young carers themselves. I think I will come back and get more involved and hopefully be in more of the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment