27 July 2009

Xzina Saaremets


I'm Rosina, I'm quite new to Young Carers but I like to be involved in things. I'm 14 I was born in York, I'm quite different and like that about myself, even though it sometimes makes me a target. About a year ago my Mum was diagnosed with Fibromialgia, making me a young carer. I don't want people to look at young carers as a sob story, I'm proud of it and I don't want pity. My aim is to make people understand what it's like to care for someone, even though your still a child. I don't want pity but I do want understanding and sometimes teachers can be harsh. I'd like to get all those unknown young carers to be discovered so they can recieve the help and support that I get. I joined YCR because I'm very loud and opinionated and I want to be the voice of other young carers that are shy and don't feel comfortable standing up and saying what they mean. We are currantly working on developing a logo and arranging a conferance so we can spread our opinions and ideas in wider circles. We are also thinking about methods of recruting new members and creating a bigger young carers action group. Watch this space..........

1 comment:

  1. Its such an inspiration that such a young person can openly want to care for everyone who needs support :) x

    ReplyDelete